NEAPOLITAN PIZZA WITH SAN MARZANO TOMATOES
FOR THE DOUGH
1 kg GRAN RISERVA ARANCIONE flour
4g brewer’s yeast
35g fine salt
FOR THE FILLING
1 San Marzano tomato
Extra virgin olive oil
Smoked buffalo mozzarella
Grated parmesan cheese
FOR THE DOUGH
- The dough for Neapolitan pizza is characterised by high hydration and long rising times.
- Knead all the ingredients, starting with the flour and water.
- At 3/4 of the rotation, add the yeast and, after 5 minutes, the salt and then continue to knead in rapid mode in order to form the gluten link.
- Once the dough has been kneaded, leave it to rest for 30 minutes and then form 200 g loaves and leave them to rise in the fridge for about 24 hours to double their volume.
FOR THE TOMATO
- Blanch for 10 seconds in boiling water and once drained, immerse in water and ice.
- The thermal shock will make it easy to peel.
- Cut into wedges, remove the seeds and then leave to macerate in oil, salt, pepper and basil for 2 hours.
FOR THE PARMESAN CHIPS
- In a non-stick frying pan, add the Parmesan cheese on a moderate flame, let it melt, wait for it to melt and then continue cooking until it starts to colour.
- It will be ready when it takes on a golden colour.
- Allow to cool and then leave to harden and become crunchy.
FOR THE SPINACH
- Heat the frying pan, add the pine nuts and let them toast, add the spinach and turn off the flame.
- Roll out the pizza between 30 and 35 cm, leaving a pronounced edge as tradition dictates, topping it with tomato pulp, smoked mozzarella and sausage from Norcia and then cook it in a wood-fired oven at 450 degrees for 90 seconds maximum.
- Once cooked, season it with spinach and pine nuts, macerated tomato and parmesan chips.